Membership FAQs

How can I find out my membership number?
Your membership number can be found on the front of your membership card or on any membership-related correspondence you receive by post. If you don’t have these to hand, just contact us at or call us on 0345 092 2299 and we’ll be able to tell you what your membership number is.

If I need to change any of my details (e.g. email address, home address, membership rate etc.), how do I do that?
If you need to update any of your personal information, please email your new details along with your membership number to or you can call us on 0345 092 2299.

How can I contact an MP?
Our MPs would be more than happy to hear from you, and you can get in touch with any of them by looking them up on this website.

I’d like to be a Labour councillor or an MP – how do I do that?
It’s great that you are interested in standing as a Labour representative! To start, you need to be a member of the party for at least one year in order to become a candidate. If you haven’t already, join the party today. Then, take a look at our guide on how to become a Labour candidate.

Why is my Trade Union not listed?
The list is made up solely of trade unions that are affiliated to the Labour Party, which is why your union is not included.

If you would like us to make a note of your trade union on your membership record you can email us at with your membership number and the trade union that you are a member of and we'll get this updated for you.
I’m confused - am I a member or a donor or registered supporter?
If you’re unsure about what your current status with the Labour Party is, please contact us at or call 0345 092 2299 and our staff will be able to have a look into your records to help clarify things for you. 

How do I get a new membership card?
If you’ve lost your membership card, just contact us with your membership number or your postcode at or call 0345 092 2299 and we can arrange for a new one to be sent out to you.

Back to Top